Bachelor of Education Degree
University of Ottawa
Digital Marketing Management Diploma
University of Toronto
Bachelor of Journalism Degree
Skills and Expertise
Adobe Creative Cloud
- After Effects
- Media Encoder
Website Design and Development
- Microsoft Visual Studio
Teaching and Instruction
- Culturally responsive teaching
- Experiential learning
- Formative assessment
- Project-based learning
- Technology integration
- Workplace preparation
Video and Audio Production
- Avid Media Composer
- Avid iNews
- Vegas Pro
- ACID Pro
- Google AdWords
- Google Analytics
- Social Media Marketing
Gifted Education Instructor
Association for Bright Children of Ontario, Ottawa
April 2019 to Present
- Seasonal multimedia journalism instructor for gifted and talented youth aged 9 to 15.
Front-End Web Developer
Artsculture Creative, Toronto/Ottawa
January 2016 to August 2018
- Built and designed custom-built $10,000+ WordPress websites for clients.
- Developed UI/UX and planned content, SEO and social media strategies.
- Created wireframes, mockups and prototypes.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, Toronto
October 2006 to January 2016
Television Director, Producer
- Conceived, planned, managed and executed original television, digital and audio projects.
- Directed and organized national network TV and radio reports for Marketplace, As It Happens and The National.
- Coordinated crews of up to 12 people, and produced and directed original productions with budgets of up to $50,000.
- Oversaw crisis, legal and editorial issues under scrutiny and intense deadlines.
Web Developer, Digital Producer, Social Media Producer
- Pioneered and administrated digital workflow, content standards, and social media strategies for investigative news programs Marketplace and The Fifth Estate.
- Built, maintained and created digital content, interactives and video for many TV news program websites, including Marketplace, The Fifth Estate, The Nature of Things, Connect with Mark Kelley and more.
- Produced original, longform investigative research for the consumer TV news program, Marketplace.
- Negotiated and booked on-camera interviews with hostile stakeholders.
- Prepared lines of questioning and background for hosts conducting on-camera interviews.
- Reported undercover using hidden cameras.
Toronto Star, Toronto
January 2004 to May 2005
- Wrote news articles to strict deadline as a general assignment reporter.
University of Ottawa, Ottawa
January 2019 to March 2020
- Researched education issues within the Greater Ottawa Area.
January 2000 to March 2020
- Provide editorial support in website news production for new writers who wish to launch an arts journalism career.
Manager, Content & Editorial Strategy
American Marketing Association, Toronto
August 2017 to August 2018
- Maintained and curated organization’s editorial calendar.
- Scheduled, organized and lead MarCom in brainstorming content.
Director, New Members and Diversity
Canadian Media Guild, Toronto
September 2008 to June 2016
- Represented the interests of thousands of young, and Indigenous and visible minority media workers at the CBC, Canadian Press, Shaw Media, TVO/TFO, Thomson Reuters, VICE Media and freelance journalists.
CKLN 88.1 FM, Toronto
September 2001 to May 2007
- Producer and on-air host of weekly current affairs radio program, Word of Mouth.
- Recruited, organized and trained volunteers to produce a weekly community radio program.
- Trained and produced community volunteers from Regent Park, including at-risk youth, new refugees, and representatives from Indigenous and multicultural advocacy organizations.