The evaluation of learning skills and work habits, apart from any that may be included as part of a curriculum expectation in a subject or course, should not be considered in the determination of a student’s grades.
- fulfils responsibilities and commitments within the learning environment;
- completes and submits class work, homework, and assignments according to agreed-upon timelines;
- takes responsibility for and manages own behaviour
- devises and follows a plan and process for completing work and tasks;
- establishes priorities and manages time to complete tasks and achieve goals;
- identifies, gathers, evaluates, and uses information, technology, and resources to complete tasks.
- independently monitors, assesses, and revises plans to complete tasks and meet goals;
- uses class time appropriately to complete tasks;
- follows instructions with minimal supervision.
- accepts various roles and an equitable share of work in a group;
- responds positively to the ideas, opinions, values, and traditions of others;
- builds healthy peer-to-peer relationships through personal and media-assisted interactions;
- works with others to resolve conflicts and build consensus to achieve group goals;
- shares information, resources, and expertise and promotes critical thinking to solve problems and make decisions.
- looks for and acts on new ideas and opportunities for learning;
- demonstrates the capacity for innovation and a willingness to take risks;
- demonstrates curiosity and interest in learning;
- approaches new tasks with a positive attitude;
- recognizes and advocates appropriately for the rights of self and others.
- sets own individual goals and monitors progress towards achieving them;
- seeks clarification or assistance when needed;
- assesses and reflects critically on own strengths, needs, and interests;
- identifies learning opportunities, choices, and strategies to meet personal needs and achieve goals;
- perseveres and makes an effort when responding to challenges.
Ontario Ministry of Education (2010). Growing Success: Assessment, evaluation, and reporting in Ontario schools: First Edition, Covering Grades 1 to 12. Retrieved from http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/document/policy/os/onschools_2017e.pdf